- "Alderaan is a mountainous world of lush forests and grasslands, ruled by an assembly of noble houses and an enlightened and advanced citizenry. A founding member of the Republic, Alderaan has been traditionally admired for its wealth, its art and its thinkers, while the deadly intrigues and politics of the nobility have been downplayed. Recently, those intrigues erupted into civil war, and Alderaan–now officially withdrawn from the Republic–sees conflict it hasn’t known in ages. The Republic is backing House Organa’s quest for the crown, whereas the Empire backs the former House Thul exiles. Palaces and fields have become pockmarked by cannon fire, and house armies clash on the battlefield."
- ―In-game Codex (Planets)
Alderaan is a planet located in the Core Worlds, and is the second planet in the Alderaan system. Renowned for its unspoiled beauty, Alderaanians work to preserve as much of the natural surroundings as they can. Following the Treaty of Coruscant, Alderaan seceded from the Galactic Republic; reactions to the secession were mixed, and events shortly thereafter sparked the start of a brutal civil war for control of the planet. Alderaan's level bracket is 28-32.
Because of the beauty of the planet, Bioanalysts will find seemingly more 100-150 level plants to analyze.
- For information on this subject beyond The Old Republic, see: Alderaan on Wookieepedia
Alderaan has long been known as a force of calm in the Galactic Republic, its representatives advocating freedom and negotiation rather than violence. The planet even served as the home planet for brothers Ulic and Cay Qel-Droma, two of the Republic's greatest heroes. However, during the Great War, the Sith Empire invaded and occupied the traditionally peaceful world. Though the Jedi rallied against the threat and quickly forced the Empire to abandon the planet, the attack left the Alderaanian people enraged. Alderaan became one of the loudest voices raised in support of the war against the Sith.
Towards the end of the war, the Empire proposed a peace conference. This summit was held on Alderaan, and was intended to bring a halt to hostilities; with the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, direct conflict between the Republic and the Empire came to an end. Enraged that the Senate would accept such a one-sided peace, the Alderaanian Senator, Crown Prince Gaul Panteer, announced the secession of Alderaan from the Republic.The secession was received with mixed reactions by the people of Alderaan, resulting in a level of anxiety that was finally sparked into civil war following the deaths of first the Crown Prince, followed by that of the queen several days later. House Panteer was left without an heir, and the planet's noble houses scrambled to claim the throne for themselves. Additionally, in light of the power vacuum General Bouris Ulgo declared martial law, naming himself king.
The Republic and the Empire have thus far avoided direct involvement in the conflict. However, each provides support to a noble house friendly to their cause; the Republic chooses to back House Organa, while the Empire funnels support to bolster the efforts of House Thul.
Alderaan was completely obliterated by the Galactic Empire thousands of years after the Great War.
- Site of the main compound for House Thul as well as a market and cantina. Located near Rhu Caenus Spaceport.
- Located on the Southwest edge of the Kaamos Territory
- Located along the Southern Cliffs of the Glarus Valley.
- Located on the southern end of the Juran Mountains.
- Located on the west side of The Glarus Valley on the souther edge.
In the mountains of Alderaan, Imperial and Republic forces secretly battle over control of the planet's defensive weapons. The side that manages to secure the massive planetary defense cannon will gain control of Alderaan's skies, a prize that would greatly assist their allies in the planet's civil war.
There are a total of 33 Codex Entries that can be found on Alderaan by Empire characters.
There are 6 Locations entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There are 5 Datacrons entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There are 6 Organizations entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
Persons of Note
There are 3 Persons of Note entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There is 1 Title entry that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
There is 1 Species entry that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
- See Species for full list of species.
There are 5 Bestiary entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
- See Bestiary#Alderaan for full list of creatures found on Aldereaan.
There are 5 Lore entries that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
Achievement: Epic Enemies
There is 1 Epic Enemies entry that can be unlocked by Empire characters.
-  The Lanar Question [Heroic 4] from Duke Keldas Thul
-  Hive Mined from Stanel Thul
-  Pre-Emptive Strike from Stanel Thul
-  Bugs and Bombs from Captain Ascercia
-  Vengeance for the Fallen from C86
-  First, Do Harm from Captain Taith
-  Assault on Fort Alde [Area 4]
-  Dirty Deeds from Stanel Thul
-  Marked Men
-  Tears of the Rist
-  The Assassin's Secret
-  The Black List from Officer Jeral Vesk
-  Ulgo's Revenge from Dathis Elgin
-  Armed Intervention from Lieutenant Muir
-  Illegal Seizure
-  Insufficient Staff [Heroic 4] from Sergeant Tegan
-  Kingmaker from Dathis Elgin
-  Regicide from Darth Viktus
-  Savior from General Gurveer
-  Shock Doctrine [Heroic 4] from Lord Malichose
-  The Head That Wears the Crown from Sir Deris Panteer
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 TOR Holonet. (2009). Alderaan. Retrieved December 4, 2010, from Star Wars The Old Republic.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 TOR Holonet. (2010). Bouris Ulgo. Retrieved December 4, 2010, from Star Wars The Old Republic.
- ↑ The Old Republic News Articles. (2010). Warzone Video. Retrieved December 4, 2010, from Star Wars The Old Republic.