Artifice (Crew Skills)
- "Artifice is the delicate skill of constructing lightsabers, color crystals, armor dye modules, generators and focii. Lightsaber modifications include color crystals and hilts that augment a Force user’s combat attributes. Color crystals determine beam and bolt color for lightsabers and blasters. Dye modules are used to modify the visual color of armor. Artificers can reverse engineer their crafted items and possibly discover new ways to improve their creation. The gathering skill Archaeology provides crafting resources for Artifice.
Recommended Gathering Skills: Archaeology (Power Crystals, Color Crystals and Artifact Fragments).
Recommended Mission Skills: Treasure Hunting (Gemstones)."
- ―In-game Codex (Crew Skills)
Artifice is one of six Crafting Skills which involves the crafting of Jedi and Sith artifacts.
Artifice allows characters to construct equipable lightsabers, relics, shields, generators and focii. Artificers can also make color crystals, lightsaber hilts, dye modules, stronghold components, and war supplies for conquests. Color crystals and lightsaber hilts augment a Force user's combat attributes. Color crystals also determine beam and bolt color for lightsabers and blasters. Dye modules are used to modify the visual color of armor. Stronghold components are used by fabricators to make stronghold decorations. War supplies are used to meet conquest objectives.
Artificers can reverse engineer their crafted items and possibly discover new ways to improve their creation.
The gathering skill Archaeology and mission skill Treasure Hunting provide crafting resources for Artifice. The gathering skill Slicing is also required to obtain sliced tech parts used for some artifact quality items.
As a beginning Artificer you are able craft color crystals and offhand items. As you progress further along with the skill you will soon find yourself able to craft lightsabers and hilts to enhance them, relics, dye modules, stronghold components and conquest supplies.
Note: Everything that you craft can be reverse engineered for some of the materials regained and a chance to learn a higher level of that schematic. You find the reverse engineering button on the top right corner of your inventory.
In order to craft items using the Artifice skill, it is necessary to acquire the material components. Artifice utilizes a combination of crystals, gemstones, artifact fragments and common crafting materials to create items. All Artifice items except stronghold components also require a number of Artifice-crafted bonded attachments of the appropriate level.
For a complete list of items, see: Artifice materials.
The materials can be acquired from archaeology nodes found while exploring planets or through Archaeology missions and Treasure Hunting. Sliced tech parts for artifact-quality items can be obtained through Slicing missions.
Artificers can craft the following items :
- Lightsabers and Double-bladed Lightsabers (Saberstaffs)
- Wieldable (offhand) items: Focus, Generator or Shield
- Item modifications: Color crystals, Lightsaber hilts
- Dye modules
- Artifice bonded attachments (Artifice subcomponent)
- Stronghold components: Crystals, Designs, Prefabs
- Conquest war supplies
Note: All items are Bind on Equip.
Lightsabers and Saberstaffs
Single and double-bladed (saberstaff) lightsabers can be crafted using the Artifice skill. For each grade level of lightsaber, there are four trainer-taught variants of prototype quality:
- Asylum Lightsaber (single-bladed, defensive)
- Asylum Saberstaff (double-bladed, defensive)
- Onslaught Lightsaber (single-bladed, offensive)
- Onslaught Saberstaff (double-bladed, offensive)
Both Asylum and Onslaught weapons have Force Power, Mastery and Endurance stats, but Asylum weapons have higher Endurance and lower Mastery than the corresponding Onslaught lightsaber; the Force Power of both types are the same. Asylum weapons also include Absorption Rating and Defense Rating stats, while Onslaught weapons add Power and Critical Rating instead.
Artifact-quality versions of each prototype-quality lightsaber can be learned by reverse-engineering the prototype (60% chance per attempt).
Crafting any trainer-taught prototype-quality lightsabers requires four Artifice Bonded Attachments and four prototype-quality gemstones of the appropriate grade. The equivalent artifact-quality versions additionally require two artifact-grade gemstones and two prototype-quality sliced tech parts of the appropriate grade. Defiant (MK-16) artifact lightsabers are an exception -- these require twelve bonded attachments, two artifact-grade gemstones, eight prototype-quality gemstones, and six Exotic Isotope Stabilizers (instead of sliced tech parts).
Critical success crafting a lightsaber will add an augmentation slot to the weapon.
Wieldable (offhand) items
Artifice bonded attachments
All Artifice-crafted items except stronghold components and War Supplies: Invasion Force require two or more Artifice Bonded Attachments of the appropriate grade. Lightsabers, relics, and wieldable (offhand) equipment all require four bonded attachments, except for the artifact-grade Defiant items, which require 12 attachments to craft. Color crystals, lightsaber hilts, and dye modules all require two bonded attachments of the correct grade.
War Supplies (except for Invasion Force) use differing numbers of each of two different grades of bonded attachments:
- Skill 150 War Supplies: eight each grade 2 and 3
- Skill 300 War Supplies: six each grade 4 and 5
- Skill 450 War Supplies: four each grade 6 and 7
- Skill 550 War Supplies: four each grade 8 and 9
Crafting any grade of Artifice Bonded Attachment requires two power crystals, two artifact fragments, and two (purchased) crafting materials of the appropriate grade.
Below are the recommended skills to be taken alongside Artifice:
- Gathering skills
- Archaeology - Power Crystals, Color Crystals, and Artifact Fragments
- Mission skills
- Treasure Hunting - Gemstones
All crew skills can reach a max of Level 550. New recipes are gained at specific levels by going to that crew skill's trainer:
- Level 90
- Critical Enhancement 7
- Power Enhancement 7
- Might Hilt 7
- Resolve Hilt 7
- Level 120
- Might Hilt 8
- Resolve Hilt 8