This crafted item modification both improves the statistics of a weapon, and changes the color appearance of the weapon (for melee weapons) or its bolts (for ranged weapons). Most color crystals apply a single color, but some have a multi-color effect.
Unlike most crafted items, the statistics of color crystals are not affected by the skill level of the crafter nor the grade of the materials used in crafting; only the color varies with skill and material grade. All standard Artifice-crafted color crystals are artifact-quality, provide a +41 statistic increase, and are item rating 138.
There are three basic variants of crafted color crystals:
- Advanced (color) Eviscerating Color Crystal: +41 Critical Rating
- Advanced (color) Hawkeye Color Crystal: +41 Power
- Advanced (color) Indestructible Color Crystal: +41 Endurance
Each variant is available in all the craftable colors.
Crafting any color crystal requires the following materials of a grade corresponding to the skill level:
- 2 artifact-quality gemstones
- 4 prototype-quality gems
- 8 Color Crystals (may be split between two colors)
- 2 artifice bonded attachments.
Trainer-taught schematics are available for the following weapon colors:
- Amethyst (skill 500): requires 4 green + 4 blue color crystals
- Blue (skill 1): requires 8 blue color crystals
- Fire Red (skill 500): requires 4 red + 4 green color crystals
- Green (skill 240): requires 8 green color crystals
- Orange (skill 300): requires 6 red + 2 green color crystals
- Red (skill 80): requires 8 red color crystals
- White-Purple-Blue (skill 350): requires 8 blue color crystals
- White-Yellow-Orange (skill 350): requires 8 red color crystals
- Yellow (skill 160): requires 4 green + 4 red color crystals