Seats on the Dark Council were dangerously contested by the Sith, with the tenure of members ranging from mere months to several decades.
Following the Great Galactic War, only seven of the twelve members of the Council survived. However, as part of the Treaty of Coruscant, the Republic had agreed to hand over seven insignificant systems to the Sith Empire, one for each surviving Dark Councilor. Darth Mekhis was given the Vesla system, where she created and tested horrific weapons to be unleashed on the enemies of the Empire.
After the Treaty of Coruscant was signed, power games were played by the most powerful and ambitious of the Sith Lords to obtain the five open positions.
The Sith Inquisitor is known to be an aspirant of the Dark Council.
- The following were members prior to the Great Galactic War:
- Darth Igrol - (circa 303 BTC)
- Darth Nyriss - (circa 303 BTC)(Killed)
- Darth Xedrix - (circa 303 BTC) (Killed)
- The following were members during and following the Great Galactic War:
- The following were members during and following the Cold War
- Darth Acharon (deceased)
- Darth Arctis (deceased)
- Darth Arho (deceased)
- Darth Baras (removed) (deceased)
- Darth Decimus (deceased)
- Darth Hadra
- Darth Jadus (removed)
- Darth Marr
- Darth Mortis
- Darth Ravage
- Darth Thanaton (deceased)
- Darth Vengean (deceased)
- Darth Vowrawn
- Darth Zhorrid
- Darth Nox