- "While the undying Emperor serves as the unquestioned leader of the Empire, the twelve members of the Dark Council oversee the daily workings of their vast civilization and speak in the Emperor’s name. Each is among the most powerful Sith in the galaxy; to hold a seat on the council is the highest honor and the greatest position of influence a Sith can attain. The individual members of the Dark Council control their own spheres of influence and pyramids of subordinate Sith–overall Imperial military strategy falls in the hands of one Dark Council member, while study of ancient artifacts falls into the hands of another. These spheres occasionally overlap, leading to conflict. However, every Sith Lord and apprentice is ultimately answerable to the council member at the top of his or her pyramid. Similarly, non-Sith organizations are usually clearly answerable to one Dark Council member or another. Meetings of the Dark Council are normally held in the Citadel on Dromund Kaas or in the Sith Academy on Korriban. It’s rare for all members to gather at once–power plays among members are frequent, and several of the Dark Lords are virtual hermits. On the occasions when the Emperor summons them, however, all members of the Dark Council are expected to gather and obey."
- ―In-game Codex (Organizations)
The Dark Council is the twelve-member council that served as the ruling body of the Sith Empire for most of the history of the government. Located in the Imperial Citadel on the Sith throne world of Dromund Kass, the Dark Council would convene on matters of state and eventually run the day-to-day operations of the Sith Empire itself. Each member of the Council held the title of Dark Lord of the Sith and controlled one of the twelve Spheres of Influence within the Empire. As such, the power of Dark Council members were solely below the Sith Emperor himself. Seats on the Dark Council were dangerously contested by the Sith, with the tenure of members ranging from mere months to several decades.
Approximately around the year 4,980 BBY - after the Sith Emperor had landed on the world of Dromund Kaas and established his new Sith Empire - he assembled the twelve most powerful and wise Sith Lords under his command and founded the first Dark Council.
Following the Great Galactic War, only seven of the twelve members of the Council survived. However, as part of the Treaty of Coruscant, the Republic had agreed to hand over seven insignificant systems to the Sith Empire, one for each surviving Dark Councilor. Darth Mekhis was given the Vesla system, where she created and tested horrific weapons to be unleashed on the enemies of the Empire. After the Treaty of Coruscant was signed, power games were played by the most powerful and ambitious of the Sith Lords to obtain the five open positions. The Sith Inquisitor is known to be an aspirant of the Dark Council.
- The following were known members before the Great Galactic War:
- Darth Igrol - (circa 303 BTC) (Killed)
- Darth Nyriss - (circa 303 BTC)(Killed)
- Darth Xedrix - (circa 303 BTC) (Killed)
- The following were known members during and after the Great Galactic War:
- The following were known members around the time of the Cold War:
- Darth Acharon (deceased)
- Darth Acina
- Darth Arctis (deceased)
- Darth Arho (deceased)
- Darth Baras (deceased)
- Darth Decimus (deceased)
- Darth Hadra (deceased)
- Darth Howl
- Darth Jadus (removed)
- Darth Karrid (deceased)
- Darth Marr (deceased)
- Darth Mortis
- Darth Nox
- Darth Ravage
- Darth Sajar (turned and joined the Jedi Order)
- Darth Thanaton (deceased)
- Darth Vengean (deceased)
- Darth Vowrawn
- Darth Zhorrid
This is located on the 3rd level of the Sith Academy you can reach by elevator.
X: -418, Y: 21