I believe that we should somehow place the skill trees in the class templates (Template:Consular), to make navigation between the skill trees easier. Or we can make a template for the advanced class which list the skill trees associated with them. What does the community think? Scimatt16 00:50, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
- The class templates definitely need to be revised, and I think some method of including the skill trees will likely be called for. That said, it seems a bit premature; until we have the ability to fully document the game, we can't adequately determine what should or should not be included, nor how to present it. Like many things, it's something we should tackle in the first few weeks after the game's launch. Essentially, we're playing a waiting game at this point. -- Heaven's Agent 01:10, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Well, I do agree we'll probably want to include such information. The difficulty is that we won't know how best to present it until the game is released. The basic formats you've created are just that: basic. It's bare bones, and probably won't serve to present the content adequately. Additionally, until we can fully document the different skill trees, there's not only little reason to include links to them in the template, but it makes us look bad. It shines a spotlight on the areas in which we're deficient, that other projects that don't care about proper source documentation fill with speculation, rumor, and leaks; their articles on said content aren't better or more complete than ours, but they look that way.
- That being said, I do know we'll need to increase the template width, probably to 100%; the current, smaller size may work for the Wikia skin, but looks horrid under monobook. -- Heaven's Agent 03:09, August 21, 2011 (UTC)
- I merely want to put them in the templates so we have them when the game launches. While we may be lacking info on the skill trees, we are also lacking info in all of the companion articles, yet we have included that section in the templates since the templates were made.
- Anyone that comes here should expect us to be deficient in info, as this wiki is about an (as of yet) unreleased game. Hell, 36% of the articles on this wiki are stubs. The reason for the high amount of stubs, as you already mentioned is because we are very stringent about proper sourcing. People can then know, when they come here, that they are only getting solid facts and no speculation. We could even add a blurp to the main page if we wanted to, saying how proud we are of a stringent rules when it comes to sourcing.
- Sorry, now i am getting off-topic. Back to the point of this forum. I am still saying that we should do an over-haul of the class templates, using the info we have now, and changing it later if needed. Scimatt16 03:28, August 22, 2011 (UTC)
- Some very good points. We all seem in agreement that we'll have to revisit these templates post-launch, but you're correct in pointing out that there's no reason not to improve them now; go ahead and add links to our current skill tree articles. -- Heaven's Agent 14:31, August 22, 2011 (UTC)