The Jedi Code is a code that establishes the appropriate behavior of all Jedi. The code itself has changed in style and appearance over generations, but the general meaning of it has stayed the same.
Though there are multiple versions of the mantra, the original version was:
- Emotion, yet peace.
- Ignorance, yet knowledge.
- Passion, yet serenity.
- Chaos, yet harmony.
- Death, yet the Force.
The most commonly cited version of the Jedi Code is attributed to Jedi Master, Odan-Urr:
Although a more refined version of the code, the last line is one that encourages and strengthens many Jedi, even when their life may be coming to an end.
- There is no death, there is only the Force.
- There is no emotion, there is peace.
- There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
- There is no passion, there is serenity.
- There is no chaos, there is harmony.
- There is no death, there is the Force.