Jedi Knight is one of the two Galactic Republic aligned Force-sensitive classes, along with the Jedi Consular. Famous Jedi Knights include Master Kao Cen Darach and Master Ven Zallow killed in the Fall of Korriban and the Destruction of the Jedi temple on Coruscant, respectively.
A Jedi Knight, in terms of standard MMORPG games, would be considered a primary damage class and/or tank.
Valiant, Determined, Guardian of Peace
A symbol of hope in dark times, the Jedi Knight stands for the legacy of the Jedi Order more than twenty thousand years of protecting the Republic and keeping the peace across the galaxy. Though Jedi Knights have served as generals, guerilla fighters, and warriors for generations, their legendary combat prowess faces its greatest test during this age.
Through years of disciplined training and meditation, the Jedi Knight hones body and mind into perfect harmony. Combining the foresight of the Force with unrivaled reflexes and practiced physical precision, the Knight turns combat into an art form, gracefully executing acrobatic feats in tandem with elegant lightsaber tactics.
A source of inspiration to allies and intimidation to adversaries, the Jedi Knight’s presence is welcome in any confrontation. The Order’s long history of fighting for justice has earned the trust of countless friends and the hate of innumerable enemies. Few, though, are foolish enough to challenge a seasoned Jedi Knight unless they have the skills and technology to even the odds.
Facing the Dark Side
The Jedi’s dark counterparts scored many victories during the war, expanding their Empire, and putting the Republic on the defensive. Since the Treaty of Coruscant, the Sith have consolidated their military might, even while the Jedi have withdrawn to Tython, a move that’s been looked at with suspicion by many of the Republic’s politicians. Nonetheless, the war is far from over, and the Jedi Knight’s resolve remains firm. With unwavering allegiance to the Republic and the light side of the Force, the Jedi Knight fights with valiant determination, wading into the thick of any battle to protect freedom and democracy and hold fast against those who oppose it.
No matter how dire circumstances may become, the Jedi Knight trusts the Force and keeps a cool head. Knowledge and self-control are the critical components of wise decisions, and emotional and mental clarity are an absolute necessity. Maintaining focus allows the Knight to rely on intuition; a right mind leads to right action. For many, the Jedi Knight is the guardian of a precious dream; a dream of peace, a dream of justice, a dream of a brighter future. The fate of the galaxy depends upon the Knight’s ability to keep this dream alive.
Field Reconnaisance and Combat
The Jedi Knight’s graceful movements are awesome to behold. Freezing a moment in this display captures the deep commitment underlying the Jedi’s dazzling abilities. Though a Jedi Knight’s life is filled with battle and adventure, the Knight’s heart is dedicated to peace and service. An ironic observation to some, but greater wisdom suggests it is the Jedi Knights’ humble devotion which makes them so likely to become such famous heroes. Whether defending allies by deflecting a barrage of blaster-fire or charging in to challenge a Sith Lord, the Knight’s role is crucial in any conflict. The Jedi Knight enjoys the benefit of ancient teachings that have been passed down through hundreds of generations. Combining these time-tested maneuvers with the natural guidance of the Force, the Knight is capable of achieving extraordinary feats.
These species are available to the Jedi Knight:
- Watchman skill tree focuses on a melee style of fighting with a combination of focused mind abilities and physical attacks. The Combat skill tree lends itself towards lightsaber style fighting. The shared Focus skill tree focuses on force centric skills within combat. Sentinels are able to use two lightsabers to swiftly take care of any enemy that comes in their way. The focus this takes is immense and Sentinels do it with style. Sentinels perfect in physical combat and they are able to adjust to any physical situation using the Force and their knowledge of lightsaber fighting. The
- Rather than Sentinels who like to perfect combat, Guardians like to wear heavy armor to defend themselves from any enemy attack. The use of the Force allows them to move quickly despite this. Guardians are the perfect Tanks as they can also taunt any enemies that may be attacking their teammates.
Below is a table that shows the companions available to the Jedi Knight and what gifts they like. "XXX" denotes a favourite gift (major rewards). "XX" denotes a lovable gift (medium reward). "X" denotes a likeable gift (minor rewards). "O" denotes no likeability (no reward).
Order of companions:
- T7-O1 - acquired on Tython.
- C2-N2 - acquired on Coruscant.
- Kira Carsen - acquired on Coruscant.
- Doc - acquired on Balmorra.
- Sergeant Rusk - acquired after finishing Hoth.
- Lord Scourge - acquired after finishing Act II.
|Gifts||T7-O1||C2-N2||Kira Carsen||Doc||Sergeant Rusk||Lord Scourge|
*(Only after a point in companion story with male Knight. Otherwise "O".)
**(Only after a point in companion story with female Knight. Otherwise "O".)
The Jedi Knights are highly skilled in melee combat. Focusing on Lightsaber combat, they can specialize in dual wielding combat as a Jedi Sentinel or develop a more defensive style as a Jedi Guardian.
- SWTOR Holonet
- Jedi Knight on Wookieepedia
- Hero of Tython on Wookieepedia
- Jedi Knight Companions on IGN Wiki