- "Native to Dantooine, kath hounds are sturdy, horned creatures with a ruff of fur. Although they can be aggressive if threatened or during mating season, they are normally docile, intelligent creatures who take well to training. Kath hounds are popular across the galaxy as guard dogs and pets (although the latter usually have their horns trimmed as a precaution). Albino kath hounds are rare and highly prized by breeders. On Dantooine, seeing an albino kath hound is considered lucky; there are even stories of albino hounds protecting people lost in the hills. While these stories are unlikely to be more than legends, an albino kath hound is large and intimidating enough to frighten off Dantooine’s worst predators, kinraths, which certainly would prey on lost travelers."
- ―In-game Codex (Bestiary)
Kath hounds are dog-like creatures native to the planet Dantooine. Some variants have horns. They were known for striding across the planet mostly in packs, attacking humanoid species on sight. After the Jedi Civil War, groups of kath hounds started roaming the Jedi Temple on Dantooine. Some kath hounds were shipped off-world and tamed, such as Vogga's personal hounds on Nar Shaddaa. Spreading throught the galaxy in worlds such as Alderaan,Balmorra and Corellia, over the years they mutated into becoming bigger and stronger, with thicker horns.
Behind the scenes
Kath Hounds first appeared in the Bioware RPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. There, they are present on Dantooine, while in The Sith Lords they are also present on Nar Shaddaa. The Old Republic's variations roam Balmorra, Alderaan and Corellia.
- Shadows and Light
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
|Feral Kath Hound||29/30||Headbutter||Strong||5760/6065|
|Trained Kath Hound||28/29||Leaper||Strong||5450/5760|
|Wild Kath Hound||30/31||Headbutter||Strong||6065/6345|