Leontyne Saresh is a female Twi'leki who served as the governor of Taris and the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic during the Cold War and the Second Great Galactic War. She was most recently and most known for her command to take back Makeb. She is also a member of the Saresh family, a cruel and arrogant Twi'lek family.
Governor of Taris
- "Intelligent, charismatic and ambitious, Governor Saresh escaped Imperial slavery as a young Twi’lek and went on to achieve a prominent position in the ranks of the Republic Senate. One of the most vocal opponents of the Sith, she has openly called for the complete eradication of the Empire on numerous occasions. Perhaps because of her uncompromising views, she was granted the governorship of Taris–a post that has destroyed more than one promising political career. Unlike her predecessors, however, Saresh has embraced the seemingly impossible situation, throwing all her considerable resources at the myriad problems of the ravaged world. Should she achieve any kind of success on Taris it would be seen as a remarkable achievement, giving a major boost to her already impressive political profile."
- ―In-game Codex (Persons of Note)
- "The Supreme Chancellor of the Republic serves as both political arbiter and leader of the free galaxy–and no one is better suited to the honor than Leontyne Saresh. Enslaved by the Empire as a young child, the charismatic, ambitious and fiercely intelligent Saresh escaped her captors to become a passionate opponent of Imperial injustices. After Imperial forces sacked the Republic capital of Coruscant to end the war, Saresh launched an illustrious political career that would win her a seat on the Republic Senate, governorship of Taris and a fearless reputation. When war erupted again, Saresh was elected by the Senate to replace Supreme Chancellor Janarus. Surrounded by ardent supporters and loyal political allies, she delivered an impassioned speech on the steps of the Senate tower calling for the eradication of the Sith Empire. Saresh’s rousing words inspired millions and gave birth to a new age in which the Republic would stop at nothing to win the conflict and ensure the galaxy’s freedom."
- ―In-game Codex (Persons of Note)
Knights of the Fallen Empire
- "With the sudden arrival of the Eternal Empire, the galaxy was turned upside down. The Eternal Fleet struck both the Sith Empire and the Republic at once, first targeting their shipyards, then cutting off supply lines. Within months, Dromund Kaas and Coruscant were blockaded. Without Darth Marr's leadership, the Dark Council scrambled to fight back against Arcann's forces and were ultimately defeated. While most council members were killed, others disappeared to unknown corners of the galaxy. When the dust settled, only Darth Acina remained, and she quickly named herself the new Sith Empress. Even facing this new threat, Supreme Chancellor Saresh couldn't let go of her grudge against the Empire. She tried to wage war against both enemies and failed, costing millions of Republic lives. Finally, the Senate overruled Saresh to discuss a peace treaty with Arcann. She is no longer officially the Supreme Chancellor, but continues to rule from the shadows. Both sides are forced to pay tribute to Zakuul and are technically under a cease-fire, but that doesn't stop them from quietly trying to eliminate one another. As long as tributes are paid on time, Arcann allows the fighting to continue."
- ―State of the Galaxy (Codex/Lore)
|Supreme Chancellor of the Republic|
| Preceded by|
|Leontyne Saresh|| Succeeded by|