The Levels are a numerical representation of the overall inner power and skill of someone or something. When someone gain enough Experience points, this character gains a level.
Benefits of Levels
- Most Equipment have a level requirement to be used.
- Many Quests and Space Battles need a minimum level to be acquired.
- Characters can buy better Starship Upgrades.
- At Level 10, a character can choose an Advanced Class.
- Abilities are discovered and the individual can be trained to use them.
Features of Levels
- Each mission level is set and affects the level of the opponents that will be faced on that mission, so being too low level for a mission can make any combat involved impossible, and being too high can make any combat involved trivial.
- Each planet has a level cap, which affects each character's effective level while on the planet and the effective level of missions on that planet.
- The higher the level, the more experience is required to achieve it.
- The two early flashpoints, Esseles and Black Talon, can't be queued for once their level range has been passed.