Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "A longstanding member of the Galactic Republic, Ord Mantell is a world of deep seas, tall mountains and lush islands. Traders and merchants from across the galaxy ply their wares in Mantellian ports, along with black marketeers and other underworld forces. In recent years, Ord Mantell has become embroiled in civil war, as anti-government separatists encourage Mantellian independence in the face of a brutally corrupt government with ties to organized crime. The Republic is responding with military force, and the fighting has resulted in high numbers of civilian casualties. Shuttle traffic is currently directed to the island of Avilatan."
- ―In-game Codex (Planets)
Ord Mantell is a planet in the Bright Jewel Cluster in the Mid Rim, filled with mountainous plains and volcanic islands. The planet is being fought over by the corrupt government, aligned with the Galactic Republic, and elusive separatist forces using guerilla tactics. It is the starting planet of the Smugglers and Republic Troopers.
The civil war has nearly reached a high level of danger; if not sending help it is advised to steer clear of the conflict.
- For information on this subject beyond The Old Republic, see: Ord Mantell on Wookieepedia
Ord Mantell was settled 9,000 years ago by the Corellian colonists as an advanced military outpost for the Galactic Republic in the Outer Rim sector. It was one of several Ordnance/Regional Depots, lending to its 'Ord' name. The settlers became mostly farmers. Over time, more wealthy planets and better hyperspace routes diminished Ord Mantell's strategic importance, and it became something of a free port for all manner of freighters and cargo ships. Despite the planet's diminishing stature, it remained a popular stop for traveling ships and a haven for smugglers, pirates, and bounty hunters.
Since then, the local government has been corrupt and controlled by the crime syndicates.
While many star systems withdrew from the Galactic Republic after the Treaty of Coruscant, Ord Mantell's government decided to stay loyal. However, a separatist movement that disagreed with that decision began, and started a hit-and-run war to drive the Republic-aligned military off the planet, attacking both military and civilian targets.
Over the last two years, the planet's landscape has been ravaged and the government has been destabilized, despite help from the crime syndicates supplying black-market technologies from Nar Shaddaa and from the Republic's elite forces. In this context, the ideological struggles between Jedi and Sith, Empire and Republic have faded. What remains is a population of relatively ordinary citizens who have felt the impact of the war. Some are low-ranking soldiers facing tough dilemmas, while others are war protesters, or entrepreneurs who have lost their business as collateral damage, or doctors trying to balance duty to the people and duty to the war-effort, or hungry refugees.
A small village, currently under siege by the Separatists. The Smuggler & Trooper's first few missions take place in this village.
Ord Mantell Codex Entries
- Drelliad Village
- Fort Garnik
- Imperial Listening Post
- Mannett Point
- Oradam Village
- Savrip Island
- Separatist Stronghold
- Talloran Village
- Galactic History 12: The Birth of the Republic
- Galactic History 13: The First Great Schism
- Galactic History 14: The Fall of Tion
Persons of Note
- Aric Jorgan (Trooper)
- Commander Harron Tavus (Trooper)
- Corso Riggs (Smuggler)
- Rogun the Butcher (Smuggler)
- Skavak (Smuggler)
- Refugees of War
- Ruled by Corruption
- Smuggling 101 (Smuggler)
- Split by Rebellion
- Underworld Influences