October 26th 2010
I noticed that the classes are missing alot of information. Is there a reason for this? Is anyone working on content or are we waiting on more information to be provided by the TOR official site? trevelyan
- The only reason is that no one has taken the time thus far to summarize the information available on each of the classes and put it into their own words. We've had numerous individuals simply copy-paste the text directly from the SWTOR Holonet, but as such content is copyrighted we've had to remove it each time. These articles are on my to-do list, but they share space on that list with several templates and policy documents; until I get a handle on my school work, which is unlikely to occur until December, at the end of the semester, I will not be able to give them the attention they need.
- That said, if someone else wanted to begin work on these articles, they would be welcome to do so.
- (hint hint ... nudge ... shove!) ;P -- Heaven's Agent 17:33, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- All joking aside, don't feel that you have to tackle this, if you would rather not do so. But if you'd like to give it a go anyway, have at it, and know you can ask questions as needed. -- Heaven's Agent 17:48, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I have uploaded loads of information about abilites to the republic classes. It's all information available on other websites so nothing thats been leaked from BETA. Wdkx 10:59, March 21, 2011 (UTC)
Hints from reliable sources ?
Daniel Erickson has suggested that some classes may be less strictly aligned to factional divisions than others:
"No class would exist in both factions – at least at first. Each class gets its own story; no story content exists on both sides. If we did Bounty Hunters on both sides of the fence we’d have to write two different Bounty Hunter stories at the expense of a different class that was more iconic to the Republic. Was the idea of a Republic Bounty Hunter cool? Absolutely. But far less iconic than the Imperial aligned one and we had other Republic classes we wanted to get in there instead. At least for now…" (http://www.swtor.com/news/bwblog/developer-blog-creating-bounty-hunter)
This information seems most appropriate to note on the Classes page; however, it says that the page is locked for editing. Would another kindly editor add an intro line here, to the effect that these factional divisions are not a game feature that is set in stone? Thanks! - Mori Behn-Aiki, September 6, 2011, 19:15 UTC
- I read it that it means that the class stories for certain classes are not to faction focused, but still the classes are faction bound. So I see no reason to include it, since it change nothing. Bounty Hunter can still not group with Smugglers or enter Republic flashpoints. - Drudenfusz 09:15, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
- Yeah, what might or might not happen in the future is the definition of speculation. Good to mention on talk pages, perhaps, and to keep aware of, but not really valid for article content. -- Heaven's Agent 15:19, September 7, 2011 (UTC)
Hey, does anyone know what's up with the sith inquisitor thumbnail?
Little 4chan kids from /v/ are vandalising the Wiki because they don't like the game. http://boards.4chan.org/v/res/126397689