- "The workhorse of the Republic fleet, the Thranta-class corvette is a light warship that has seen decades of iteration and refinement. Swift, formidable in combat and possessed of an impressive crew and cargo capacity, the Thranta’s flexibility has ensured its continuing use. The corvette does have its drawbacks, however, lacking the firepower to go toe-to-toe with Imperial dreadnoughts or penetrate planetary defenses. The Thranta was designed and is manufactured by Corellia StarDrive, but its inspiration can be found in Republic warship designs going back centuries. Discussions of a revamped successor model frequently arise, but no prototype has been publicly revealed."
- ―In-game Codex (Ships)
Similar in appearance to the Praetorian-class frigate and Hammerhead-class cruiser. The Thranta-class corvette possesses two heavy dual turbolasers mounted either side of the bridge, it also has numerous turbolaser and missile launcher emplacements along its hull. The Thranta-class has enough firepower to match that of the Empire's Gage-class transports and Terminus-class destroyers, but they lack the firepower to go up against the mighty Harrower-class Dreadnought and other heavy warships. To compensate for this the Thranta-class corvette commanders use pack tactics to take down large dreadnoughts. The corvette is powered by a Type-4 Hypermatter annihilator located in the engine block, with enough power running through it to destroy itself and half a fleet if the mountings keeping the reactor stable are released.
Before the onset of the Great Galactic War, the Thranta-class corvette was used as peacekeeping vessels in the various sectors of Republic space, dealing with disputes and pirates. Thranta-class corvettes participated in many battles during the Great Galactic War, including the battle to end the Mandalorian blockade of the Hydian Way. After the war ended ina truce, these corvettes participated in a number illegel skirmishes with the Imperial Navy.
A group of Thranta's were used together with a couple of Valor-class cruisers, under the command of Jedi Master Oteg during a raid on the Imperial compound on Taral V, delivering a Republic strike team to recover a Gree computer. These same vessels would later be used to engage part of the Imperial Navy protecting the Maelstrom Prison in a attempt to free the Jedi Master Revan.
- Aurora (Commanded by Jedi Master Kellian Jarro. Destroyed after being boarded by the Bounty Hunter during the Great Hunt.)
- Brentaal Star (The target of an assault by the Black Talon.)
- Dorin's Sky (Captured after being intercepted by the White Nova and used to infiltrate The Foundry.)
- Vanguard's Blade
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Annihilation
- Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith
- Timeline 2: The Mandalorian Blockade is Broken
- Star Wars The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- Developer Walkthrough