Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
There is no doubt about it, Star Wars The Old Republic is not only going to be an absolutely amazing game, but also a ground-breaking MMORPG. Ever since the game was announced back in 2007, the huge development team has continuously been improving the game and readying it for 20 December 2011, only 5 days from now, when the game will finally be released.
If you're not sure if the game is worth buying, this list of 11 amazing SWTOR features will definitely convince you! If there's something you really like about the game and it isn't on the list, feel free to leave it in the comments!
- Voice acting - One of the best features of the game: full voice acting! No MMORPG has ever had voice acting on this scale, with every single character having an actor. Even the player character is fully voiced!
- Choices - It wouldn't be a BioWare game if it didn't feature some sort of dialog system. The choices you make in the game could very well decide the outcome of the Galactic War!
- Companions - Another feature BioWare is using from their past games is companions. No longer do you need to hold on to your Companion Cube for company, because now you can actually start a relationship with one of the dozen (alien) companions in the game!
- A huge amount of locations - Do you prefer a snowy environment, or would you rather try to survive in the hot desert sun? The Old Republic has it all! Hoth, Tatooine, Coruscant; they're all there, ready for you to explore them!
- Ships - Who doesn't want to fly a starship across the galaxy? Each class has their own ship, and it will serve as your base of operations! Decorate it, self-destruct it, you can do whatever you like!
- Multiple play styles - Personally I prefer taking down my enemies from long range, but I'm sure that some of you want to look your enemies in their eyes before dealing the final blow! And lucky for you, you can choose how you play the game! Cut off some limbs using your light saber or use the force to take you enemies down from a distance; it's all up to you!
- Canon - Unlike some MMORPGs that have total disregard for the canon of their universe, The Old Republic's story will actually be fully canon! I'm sure this'll greatly please the hardcore Star Wars fans out there!
- A massive amount of unique races - Are you looking for a bit more diverse races than the generic Elves or Orcs most RPGs have? Look no further! The Old Republic has no less than 9 unique playable Star Wars races!
- Unique missions - Nobody likes killing X amount of creatures or retrieving item Y just to gain some experience. The Old Republic's quests are all unique, featuring their own storyline and amazing rewards. Some of the quests you complete actually affect other quests and the relationship with your companions!
- Space combat - Yes! You can actually battle against fellow players in space! Not only that, BioWare promised us a system "that'll make you pee your pants"!
- MMO: Massively Multiplayer Online - You might have forgotten all about it with all these awesome features, but you can actually play this game with others! Slay some Sith (or Jedi) together, improve your ship or explore a planet with your friends, anything's possible!
Don't forget to leave your favorite features in the comments! Heck, we might even add them to the list!