Hi Valtier -- we are excited to have Star Wars-The Old Republic as part of the Wikia community!
Starting a new wiki can be a big job, but don't worry, the Wikia Community Team is here to help! We have put together a few guides to getting started. They say imitation is the best form of flattery so absolutely check out other wikis on Wikia for ideas on layout, ways to organize your content, etc. We are all one big family at Wikia and the most important thing is to have fun!
- Our guide to Getting Started gives you 5 things you can do right now to set your wiki up for success
- We also put together some Advice On Starting a Wiki which provides a more a in-depth look at some of the important things you should consider when building a wiki
- If you are new to wikis in general than we recommend checking our new user FAQ
Now, go edit! We look forward to seeing this project thrive!
Best wishes, Catherine Munro
Hey, I really don't know a whole lot about wiki editing at all, so it may take some time for me to get the hang of things. Oppo28 16:43, 22 October 2008 (UTC) oi can u help me with editing and i have to say you've done a great job so far
Hi there! Edit
I'm Richard1990. I'm a Helper who specializes in Gaming Wikis. I want to cheer you on for having started a new gaming-related wiki, and see if there is anything I can help a fellow Wikian with. So if you need help with any thing, don't hesitate to ask!
I've got some tips for you here:
- Main Page protection – Wikia has a general policy of not protecting the Main Page unless it is the target of recurring heavy vandalism. For more info, check out Help:Main page on Wikia Help.
- Main Page title – You will notice that the Main Page of your wiki (the page that appears when you click on your wiki's logo) will be "<subject> Wiki". This is to improve your wiki's Google rank, so it is recommended that you do not change the name of that page. For more info, check out Advice:Raising your wiki's Google ranking at Wikia Help.
- Logo - If you need help making logos for your wiki, you can ask for help at this forum thread. For the Monaco and Monobook skin you can upload a 135 x 155 pixels image to Image:Wiki.png.
- Your user page – Use your user page to introduce yourself to other new visitors, so the wiki has a more personal feeling to it and luring visitors to stay and become involved. People without a userpage do not get listed in the "Featured users" listing no matter how active they are, so make sure you add something to your user page to appear in there!
- Wikia Gaming IRC – There is a Wikia gaming IRC channel, #wikia-gaming, where you can hop on, ask for help from users of other gaming wikis, or offer your own experiences. You can access it from http://irc.wikia.com/gaming, or connect to it by your own client at irc://irc.freenode.net/wikia-gaming. Different people may be on sporadically, though you're free to ask them for any help.
Hello There:) Edit
Hello there, glad someone got a Wiki up and running for this soon to be master Piece of a game. Ill get editing and creating articles as soon as information gets out:)
Hi I am kingdonfin, I will help as much as I can on this wiki. Do you have A TOR account? If you do what is the User Name. Mine Is Kingdonfin. KingDonfin You Seem familiar have I threatened you before!!! 04:45, 17 March 2009 (UTC)
Yo, do you get paid for this or do all of the ad revenues go to Wikia?
- I have never received any compensation of any kind from any of the thousands of contributions I've made to any Wikia projects. I should also point out that registered Wikia users experience less ads on the pages they view.Valtier 13:02, 25 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi i just posted the Brotherhood of SWordmasters page and was wondering why the hell it appears all over!
- Your added your guild info to a stub template rather than a new article. I reverted your edits and moved your contribution to Brotherood of Swordmasters. Valtier 17:13, 29 June 2009 (UTC)
Hi, it is nice to be here. Thank you for the warm welcome. I edit at some wikis, mostly Guild Wars Wikia I also contribute to the anatomy wiki and a few medical wikis. I hope I can be of some help here. Do we have a general style setup for how we want class pages to be. If not maybe you could decide what you like. I'm mostly used to the styles of gwiki but that shouldn't be too hard to adapt. I plan on doing a full work up on the Trooper page and going from there. We can always discuss after that what changes people think should be made to bring it more in line with this wiki. File:Spikeicon.png Tenetke Mekko My Talk 16:01, 8 July 2009 (UTC)